No material quite peaks the interest of our customers like metal. Thanks to a MakerBot x BASF partnership you can print metal parts with the MakerBot METHOD. But should you? What are the pros and cons of 3D printing in metal? What are the design and process considerations to account for? What are example real-world applications for this technology? Can you print metal on the same printer you print composites and polymers? How does it all work?
This guide will give you a solid understanding of how metal FDM 3D printing works whether it might be a good fit for you and your business.
- Overview of Metal 3D Printing
- Types of Metal 3D Printing Technologies
- Additional Configuration Considerations
- BASF Ultrafuse Metal and BASF Service Providers
- PROs and CONs of FDM Metal 3D Printing
- Who is FDM metal 3D printing for?
- The FDM Metal 3D Printing Process
- Design Considerations
- Pre-Sintering Post Processing
- Debinding and Sintering
- Metal 3D Printing Applications
- How MakerBot METHOD enables enhanced 3D printing of metals, composites, and polymers